Mar 16, 2021

SGLDC virtual meet III

Grateful for the opportunity to host one of the sessions. As I shared on how to use Google Earth, I learn too! 

One of the participants, Saravanan, asked if the ruler can be used to measure radius of a circle. I have always been using the ruler to measure distance e.g. the length of the spit or the breakwater and has never cross my mind to use the ruler to measure a circle or other shapes. To my pleasant surprise, it can do so - one area which our colleagues teaching Mathematics can tap on to get the students to see Maths at work in the real world. That's why I love to share - cos I learn too. 



Another participant is a history teacher and is keen to try creating the kmz files for her students to see the historical events in real places. You can also create tour in Google Earth as you "fly" from one place mark to another with the sound recording. I showed the participants how they could embed information, pictures and even videos into the placemark. You can get the students to create too but they would need a desktop. There are also Fairy tales and WWI &II quizzes created using Google Earth. Check out all my posts on Google Earth. http://ezitnew.blogspot.com/search/label/Google%20Earth 

 I love Google Earth as it can show historical images. I have screenshot two images - one in 2010 and another 2020 to show the development of the areas near the Punggol Waterway. I used Juxtapose JS to create a time slider which the students love. https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=104011ce-63bb-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df 

I am still learning and as I learn, I share. Of course as I share, I learn too. 

You are welcomed to leave a feedback at https://tinyurl.com/lilyty after which you will automatically receive a thank you card. This is done via certify'em, an add on to google form. My students love the certificates after they completed a quiz or checklist. I have modified it so that it auto send a thank you card to replace the cert. Try it out! Thank you.


All the meet slides and recordings:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1bHuERX2qyaoC2GoG37yF2eoftkEycqsy


No comments:

Post a Comment