Nov 21, 2020

Blended Learning and Differentiated Instructions in Google Classroom

As mentioned in my earlier posts, Google classroom has been my life saver during the FHBL for my upper sec classes as we could continue to provide the resources and mark the assignments just like  on paper using the Google classroom app.

The following tutorial on a blended lesson using Google Classroom was shared by Gary on SGLDC.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sglearningdesigners/permalink/997040177450493/


The tutorial shows simple steps to assign assignments in Google Classroom for one Blended Learning lesson: 

A) Pre-lesson Self-directed learning quiz (self-marked MCQs with video). 

B) During lesson Activity - Group Assignment Lesson activity (convert from Word to Google Doc / Slide) and 

C) Exit Ticket to consolidate learning
Post-Lesson quiz (from Word to Form - MCQ) 

Like what Gary also shared, it's important to set topic for categorization of the resources in Google Classroom. You can do so by topic or resource type e.g assignment, test, PowerPoint slides, 

He showed how you can assign short Pre-Lesson 

View his Google Classroom 2020-2021 Tutorial - Creating Blended Lesson: 

The one I have used most is assigning work by clicking on make a copy for each student via Google Doc in which I could mark on them using the Goggle Classroom app just like paper and pen. I would also like to add on how differentiated learning can be applied. I have selected 7 students (just check on the list from the class)for a special holiday assignment in which I assigned 4 worksheets using Google Doc which I instructed them to turn in one every week. I marked and returned every week. It would be saved as an edited file. I would then highlight some of the areas which they are weak in to take note of. Just to highlight that this form of differentiated learning is possible in Google classroom.


These were submitted over the 4 weeks.


You can click on the label below to see more of my posts on the use of Google Classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment