Jul 5, 2019

N3 ICT Flippity and Linoit with SLS sharing

Attended a sharing @ N3 ICT symposium by Charles Lee on the use of flippity in engaging students in D&T lesson. He has used in particular the one on scavenger hunt - unlocking the locks by the answering the questions correctly just like the mini escape room. He has shared how intrigued his students were in this activity and were able to learn at their own pace.

I have shared on flippity earlier this year- http://ezitnew.blogspot.com/2019/03/flippity-with-google-spreadsheet.html

Really good to see it in real classroom application.

Just like what Charles mentioned - it takes a great effort in lesson design but is most satisfying seeing how engaged the students are.





I tried embedding it in SLS but couldn't - I hope that we will be allowed to embed Flippity to in SLS as the ability to embed in newly introduced last month.Then there is no need to open up the link in a new window. Sane for limit. It's still useful if you want to show categories.

The other tool he shared was linoit. I have used it mainly for comments or to get groups to do a quick record of their findings either by text, picture or even capture a short video of their work.
http://ezitnew.blogspot.com/2011/09/creating-sticky-note-and-embed-in-your.html 
I like how he used it to get the students to do categorization and be critical in their choice. I would think that thinking routine 3 columns can perform the same task. However I have tried it in my lesson and its great in allowing for movement of the idea that is in the wrong category.

Slides from the N3 ICT sympsium
http://n3ict.weebly.com/symposium-slides-2019.html


Simply love thinking routine. He had also used it in the form of exit pass at the end of the lesson. For me I had been using it more as a form of critical thinking on a stimulus - see, think and wonder.




No comments:

Post a Comment