Mar 8, 2022

Feedback using ITT in SLS

I like the Interactive Thinking Tool in SLS as it provides an opportunity for me to see the work of the students at one glance and to address any learning gap immediately. As I provide the feedback to the students from the ITT class view, I feel that the feedback was more effective as the students could view their peers' works and take note of areas they can improve on. 



I projected the class view from SLS and highlighted weak and stronger exemplars of the students' work. From the activity they could better unpack the criteria of drawing to illustrate the formation of a geographical feature as they compare their diagrams with that of their peers. I gotten them to tell me which is a better diagram illustrating the formation of bay and headland and eventually I concluded by highlighting them on the whiteboard the essential components needed to present a diagram to illustrate a geographical concept.

Grateful to learn that from 'Designing quality assessment feedback practices in schools' by Rachel Goh. "Feedback as practice moves from the act of the teacher telling the students all their mistakes, towards the co-construction of knowledge through acts of showing and concluding."


The ones which I added in red are some of the comments the students were able to pick up  in class. "The key to effective feedback is making students want and be good enough to fix their gap."  By looking at the weak and stronger exemplars from their peer, it will help to motivate them and work on the feedback to better their performance. They could better understand the success criteria needed to produce a better piece of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment